Thursday, June 24, 2010

After a long hiatus...

... I'm back!
between limited internet access, the wrath of a scary 95 year old woman and the comings and goings of my life, I haven't had a moment to blog.

Today is a special day for this country because today we have our first ever female Prime Minister, a Ms Julia Gillard. However, the things running through my mind most often are: 1) how do I get the theme from Thunderball out of my head? 2) What kind of sicko would think up a film like 'The Human Centipede', 3) How to spend my tax money and, finally, 4) Where the hell is my Disgaea DS game????

As you can see, I'm politically minded as I ever was. It's sad because I actually used to care, but these days my own life is strange enough that I can't be bothered with the world outside my house. This kind of rut is unlike me and all sorts of unhealthy, but walking a mile in my shoes, I'm sure you'd cut me some slack.

Kynan's in a band again. He plays bass now, a Fender bass (trivia: Ren's bass from NANA!! how cool is THAT!) and he's pretty damn good, not to mention sexy as all hell when he's onstage. I highly recommend you watch this video of them (note: he's the sexy guy with the leather jacket).

Now, for something completely different, Curious Tuesday stuff from GalaDarling's blog:

1. If it was your birthday tomorrow, what would be on your wishlist?
I'd be wanting a Kobo e-reader (awesome!!) with Gossip Girl in its entirety as well as the Charlaine Harris books. Next on my list would be some new Allstars (a pink pair and a black pair) and a gift voucher for a good salon so I could get my hair coloured, etc.
2. Do you look after your nails? Do you paint them? If so, do you have a colour that you keep returning to again & again?
I look after my nails pretty well and go through phases of meticulously painting and manicuring my nails and then phases of just leaving them to do their own thing. I usually end up with nude coloured nails or turquoise, a lucky colour for me.
3. What star sign are you, & do you think it is accurate?
I'm a Sagittarius on the cusp with Capricorn. I think of myself as a Sagittarius through and through as that pretty much sums up my personality, etc.
4. What is something you have recently learned to appreciate?
"Me" time. I used to hate being alone, but now I long for five minutes peace.
5. What is your favourite city in the world, & why?
Out of the places I've been/lived, I would say either Adelaide (gasp!) because my friends are there or here in Melbourne because it's a beautiful city, it's livable and I've created my life here where I can be independent from my own family and the stifling bubble that is Adelaide. Even though I obviously love Adelaide.

No comments:

Post a Comment