Thursday, April 22, 2010

Places in the world I'd rather be


prague! it looks like a fairytale even now!! I could be a princess and live in a castle... maybe.


Paris:
I have family in France (mum's family are french and portuguese) but I've never had the chance to go, despite the fact I have citizenship.
I know that Paris is a bit of a tourist trap, it's dirty, it's expensive, it's confusing, etc. BUT I'd love to live there -temporarily- and get some artistic endeavors done.


Denmark:
Some of the greatest fairytales were written and/or set here. It seems like the sort of place that dreams are made of.


London:
some of dad's family live in London (immediate family, my aunt etc.)
I'd a) like to visit them and b) love to live in such an amazing city as far as music, fashion, art, etc. goes.




TOKYO.

As long as I could remember, I've always wanted to go to Japan, Tokyo specifically. The idea of a metropolis where you could so easily lose yourself, the diversity of the different people and districts, the culture clash from everything I've seen before and the birthplace of most of my favourite things. When I was little, I used to wish I was Japanese or half Japanese. This dream is obviously unattainable and I've become more at peace with my own background (after all, being half french, half british and living in Australia makes me kind of an international woman of mystery XD) but it's still a huge goal to live in Japan for at least a year, so I have time to see all the things I want to see and soak up the culture, the sights and everything else before I have to leave again. I'm applying for jobs at Tokyo Disney as a Disney princess and I'm also hoping to get work teaching English in Japan. It's also the best way for me to make an impact with music, my fashion ideas and the other goals I have in store for my life. The biggest setback, obviously, is taking my 1 year old along with me and being able to find a safe place for her to live in a country I know nothing about other than my anime knowledge (when it comes down to it). Also, without family nearby, it would be very hard to have someone always available to watch her. Still, someday when she's a little older, this will become a reality.


Here's hoping.

No comments:

Post a Comment